Monday, 15 December 2008

Antigua: An important encounter

I may be atheist, sceptical, but one thing I am becoming a firm believer of "FATE"!

Back in the hostel, I am trying to type a few words on the computer when I hear a guy checking in Spanish. When he passes by I greet him. He is very gentle and friendly and immediately introduces himself and sits down with me. We chat about what we do, -he is coordinator of Spanish aid for Central America in different projects-, and firefighter by profession near Cartagena. We chat about life, goals, satisfactions and frustrations and soon becomes one of the most interesting people I have met. We discuss some very interesting topics the whole afternoon and early evening with a break to watch the football game Barcelona-Real Madrid at the Crazy Monkey. He helped me understand where I am, learn more about myself and recommended some valuable book I have already read. I hope to remain in touch with this guy.

Some more quaker cookies (apple, cinnamon and oats) make dinner. I have to leave early for the airport. The shuttle will be picking me up at 5:00a.m.to go to San Francisco.