Thursday, 8 January 2009

Brisbane: a Dralion story

Brisbane was somewhat limited as a city but it had two highlights: meeting Jose and Pablo and Lone Pine, the koala sanctuary. I was and I am very happy to have met Jose after all this time. He is a close friend, sometimes a confident, and always a positive wave of fresh air. Seeing him performing on Dralion was hard to explain: it filled me with excitement, and it was hard to believe at the same time, since I had seen the show a couple of times and there he was, my friend doing one of the characters! Meeting Pablo was very special too. I felt I knew him a bit and we would spend hours and hours of discussions on the most diverse topics, viewing of videos, music, fitness.. I really enjoyed this time with both of them. Not only saw I the show in one of the best possible seats, -gracias Jose-, but Jose gently showed me the backstage after the performance: masks, make-up, dresses and costumes, a wide variety of gadgets, devices and other elements used during the performance such as hoola-hops, balls..... Here I had the chance of briefly meeting Steve, The Artistic Director of Dralion, over an internal joke he picked up quite nicely. I really enjoyed this too (see pics).


Jose with make up to become Giuseppe for the next 2 1/2hrs











Pablo and I in front of the central entrance to the Dralion stage