Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Chiang Mai

We leave Bangkok on Sunday at 19:35 to go to Chiang Mai by train. The train departs with a half hour delay. Stops in a few places not quite having left Bangkok and the dalay accumulates to two hours. No worries, bed time. I must admit I am well prepared and a simple thing like a eye mask and earplugs can make a whole difference. Else, with the white fluorescent light entering over the curtains and the noise of the train running on the railways, since i was right by the door taht people insisted in leaving open, I would not have gotten any sleep. But I did get a nice 8-hr sleep. I got up at 7:00 and went to the cafeteria a couple if cars away and stayed there for hours, almost to the end of the well extended delayed arrival to Chiang Mai at 14:00 the next day. I read I cannot remembe how many chapters of my book. Good thing my book is 800+pages of small print that I got in melbourne. True I do not dedicate as much time to reading as I'd like but I prefer looking and I have my own duties, i.e., keep this blog up-to-date so that you can read it.

The hotel is Chiang Mai, MD House is quite pleasant, spacious rooms with bathroom with air-con, wi-fi, internet room and swimming pool. We took advabtage of the latter in the afternoon while reading a bit more and in the evening we went for astroll and walked to the Night Market. this market has wonderful handcrafts to buy. Shame I cannot buy anything at risk of making my luggage heavier and I have to yet send another parcel home.

Today we are planning exploring the city. Stay tuned!!