
In front of the "New Zealand Team" premises, where they are making the new boats to challenge the America's Cup

Onboard, by the mast, with Auckland ib the background

At the wheel, this is an awesome experience!!

Pulling ropes to raise sails; this is really HARD WORK!!

Leaving Bali is not hard. I had a good time, but I was not all that impressed by the place. Rumour has it has been changing a great deal in the last three years. Maybe the wonderful things people used to say about Bali made host greater expectections that I should really have.
At the airport security is high but they treat you very well. After a problem with my reservation and Aussie visa to enter the country I got sorted out and found out I had to pay IRp150,000, so i had to go out of airport and withdraw some cash [airport tax].
I finally made it to the plane. I was fully loaded as I had a few things to put in the mail when I would get to Sydney, taking advantage of the few hours layover. I slept through the night for the most part. We had a technical stop at Darwin to re-fuel, and we arrived to Sydney right after 10:00 as scheduled.
I then dropped the luggage at a special desk, Sydney still offers that and is a very easy airport to deal with, and went to town from where I texted Alex by surprise to suggest lunch together. He most welcome the proposal and we hooked up in the CBD for sushi. Nice and enthusiastic as Alex always presents himself, we caught up on our last developments.. It feels so great to catch up with mates wherever you go to..
I then went back to the airport, collected my luggage and checked in for the flight to Auckland. Flight uneventful as I slept a lot and read some more of the Alexandre Dumaas' book, The last Cavalier, to which I am now "officially hooked". Stuart, I must admit i had a pretty good flight on Qantas, and I am sorry your luggage is still not sorted out.
On arrival i went through customs all right, i thought for a moment the customs lady was going to offer to be my tour guide in Queenstown, as she seemed most interested in my whereabout down there. Some friends i met on my trip to Fraser Island have actually fully endorsed Queenstown, so I am glad I am spending most of my short stay in NZ in that city.
I checked into my individual room, -a luxury I afford for the first time ina backpackers place-, and relaxed there. My Aussie number is out of credit and not having registered the phone it is hard to top it up. Oh well...
Today I was wandering around the centre of town: regular shops, nothing special except for maybe the shop of the rugby uniforms of the All Blacks. I love that apparel. So I ceded to temptationa nd got myself a shirt..
Later on the marina i spotted a former America's Cup boat... photos, photos, photos. To my surprise I gladly spot a ad that read trips are available on the boat!!! I immediately ask and they have a place today at 14:30. I buy the ticket and I continue my stroll. There are not many site to visit, really, except for the sky tower. I walk into a Chinese restaurant for lunch. Food is abundant, of good quality and very cheap. I get changed at my hostel and make my way back down to the marina.
I am more than excited of sailing on such a boat. And the experience proves me right to be thrilled as it is a fantastic one!!
