Thursday, 12 February 2009

Touring around Ubud

Hi from Ubud, having breakfast at a cafe with wi-fi that works!
Today I plan a tour to viist a few sites and important temples in the area of UBUD.
The trip includes Pelihatan, Bedulu, Tampaksiring and Gunung Kawi.The latter seems like a really beautiful place.
I shall post what it was like..In the meantime I decided to post a new picture, one I like a lot, with the landlord of the bungalows I stay at and a very nice person.

The trip i did on my scooter, of course. I did not know where I was going but worst case scenario, I would discover some of the rural Bali. It is quite astonishing how we live in worlds so far apart. Maybe they come to our first world and they dislike the lifestyle and want to come back to their lives, what they are used to. Similarly we like getting nearer thier world and experiment it, touch it and see what it is like; yet at the end we always come back to our world regardless. I was greeted by children on my return to Ubud. they had come out of school and chatted away in small groups scattered aong the road sides. They greeted me with a "hello".. and I would say hello back or simply make them a sign. I had to keep an ey on the road as locals drive differently: the invade the opposite lane and you may well find yourself cornered well against the left side of the road (Indonesia drives like most anglo-saxon countries, "on the wrong side, sicne the rest of the world drives on the "right side of the road", hahahaha, jsut a wordgame and a joke, nothing like the wrong side!!)


A rice field, off the road from Tampaksiring.
Un arrozal fuera de la carretera volviendo de Tampaksiring

Gulung Kawi temples carved in the stone
Templos de Gulung Kawi excavados en la piedra

Me at Gujlung Kawi / Yo ne Gulung Kawi

I could not figure out the name of this man.... He only spoke Balinese. We sat together on one of the shrines while a heavy storm drooped a lot of water, but his lack of basic to make himself understand even with mimics made it hard to communicate. His face transmits an interesting life though..
No pude averiguar el nombre de este buen hombre; sólo hablaba balinés. Nos sentamos juntos en uno de los templos mientras arreciaba una tormenta. No sólo no hablaba inglés, lo que está bien sino que se bloqueó hasta para el juego de la mimica.

Me on the bridge welcoming you to Gulung Kawi
Yo en el puente que da entrada a Gulung Kawi